|By Jeremy Geelan||
|September 16, 2013 06:00 AM EDT||
Click here to follow ▸@WebRTCSummit
WebRTC - Web-based Real-Time Communication - is being heralded as one of most disruptive web/telecoms innovations for years, which is why SYS-CON Events, true to its 13-year tradition of producing events on the technologies of tomorrow, is holding its 1st WebRTC Summit in California's Silicon Valley in November.
The distinguished lineup of expert speakers at the inaugural WebRTC Summit will look at questions such as:
- WebRTC for telcos - is there a real business opportunity?
- Is Skype a WebRTC Killer, or is WebRTC a Skype killer?
- Peer-to-peer use of WebRTC
- Integrating WebRTC with Web Audio
- The Voice-Enabled Web
- P2P communication in the browser
- The monetization of WebRTC
Google’s Justin Uberti claims that developers will soon be able to reach more than 1 billion browsers and devices with the WebRTC protocol. Uberti is Google's Tech Lead for WebRTC. He also mentions that by end of 2016 there will be a staggering 3 billion WebRTC-capable devices.
Web RTC has the support of IT giants like Google, Ericsson, Cisco, Telefonica and AT&T.
The WebRTC API is already available in two major browsers:
|WebRTC is available in Chrome's stable version.
|WebRTC is available in Firefox's stable versionNew!|
- The i-Technology Right Stuff
- The Top 150 Players in Cloud Computing
- Linux.SYS-CON.com Exclusive: Linus Discloses *Real* Fathers of Linux
- Who Are The All-Time Heroes of i-Technology?
- Java vs C++ "Shootout" Revisited
- SCO CEO Posts Open Letter to the Open Source Community
- Linus' Top Ten SCO Barbs
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Netscape Co-Founder's 12 Reasons for Growth of Open Source
- Six Benefits of Cloud Computing